Monday, December 5, 2011

Matters of Weight (Weighty Chews)


My friend, who has been a close friend of mine for a good couple of years recently accepted the Lord into her life. This was indeed a joyous moment for me, as I have been telling her about the relationship with Christ for years. We rejoiced together and as I always like to do, I gave her material to read so that she can grow in her faith. 

I observed that my friend is growing in her faith, which is always expected and should be appreciated. I rejoiced when I called her and she would go on for 30 mintues to share with me what she was learning. I was mostly glad as you can imagine that I spent a good 3 years convincing her about the joys of having a relationship with Christ. I thought to myself, finally she gets it. I was a proud friend. Glad to see all of this happening in front of my eyes. 

Tides started to turn as when I would share something with my friend about things that normally wouldn't be an issue she would start to question my faith. Don't get me wrong, I read and study my bible, I read theological works because I believe in being learned. I have sorrounded myself with women who pour into my life nuggets of life and I appreciate that always.  But now all of a sudden I can't talk to her about anything. I have to watch my words with her and I spend a bulk of the time listening to her talk. With hardly a word from me inbetween.

It then dawned on me. The stages in our Christian walk. She is at the excited stage. Nothing can go wrong. If you face an obstacle, you don't pray enough or you don't trust God enough. Or you are not letting the Holy Spirit flow in you. 

I laughed at this matter as I remembered my time at UWC, where I was exactly the same and I do want to go to the people I did this to to just apologise to them. 

So I'm going to tag a few people, as I  am learning that we offend people in our stages of our walk. If you do feel like some way or the other I offended you while growing up. My humble apologies and please do understand that I was child growing up and I am still learning. 

No comments:

2020, what a year!

 For a second I thought I was on set in a movie. There was a certain  sommberness to the feeling. Where am I? What's going on?  I saw pe...