Sunday, November 8, 2020

2020, what a year!

 For a second I thought I was on set in a movie. There was a certain  sommberness to the feeling. Where am I? What's going on?  I saw people walking past me in masks and I couldn't help but look at the strange attire they had on their faces. A few seconds later I would snap back to reality  and realise; we have a coronavirus pandemic. In South  Africa, we had hard lockdown  for twenty one days at the beginning of the pandemic. It was needed. The times were frightening.  There was a sense of a feeling that the world had come to an end. At least the weirdness of the  situation.  

It is seven months down the line and the shadow of the pandemic  is still upon us and the somber feeling is there but not as intense anymore.   Its enough to say that 2020 has been one strange year. I'm not sure there are words to adequately  describe this year. 


We were hit with the worst  pandemic I  over a hundred years.  Some countries have been hit the hardest.  With the USA as of today surpassing  ten million  infections. Ten million. India is not that far behind.  So, we are still reeling in this year but we have hope. 

We hope in God who can save us. Who can rescue us when we call unto Him. He hears us when we ask for His helping hand. Even though this year has been one for the books, it still remains a year to celebrate.  A lot of people have had celebrations this year. 

We will not forget those who died. Those who will forever be remembered by their families and friends. Those who have left this earth due to this massive pandemic  that  has plagued  the whole earth. 

Yes, 2020 is one for the books!

No comments:

2020, what a year!

 For a second I thought I was on set in a movie. There was a certain  sommberness to the feeling. Where am I? What's going on?  I saw pe...